Everything changes when you become a parent. I know it did for me. We became so much more keenly aware of all the choices we were making, from nutrition to safety, education to exercise. I’m not a health nut, by any stretch of the imagination, but I do want what is best for my daughter. And it certainly helps when I can survey all these products in person, asking questions and getting answers directly from vendors.
And this is also why I love the annual Healthy Family Expo so much. We’ve gone for the last two years and each visit has been different, because our daughter is in a different stage of her life. The products and services of interest to us shift as she continues to mature. There’s something here for parents and kids of all ages.
The Healthy Family Expo is a fun-filled day for the whole family that introduces Metro Vancouver parents to small steps & simple solutions for healthy, active, eco-friendly living.
Highlights of the 4th annual Healthy Family Expo coming up on Sunday, March 26, include:
- Meeting popular CBC Kids characters Daniel Tiger, Super WHY!, Bookaboo & Scout;
- Bobs & LoLo and Jessie Farrell concerts featuring songs celebrating the natural world;
- HUGE Active Kid Zone with rock wall, giant hamster ball race track, Tumblebus & TumbleTown, Springfree trampolines, Sportball & Pedalheads play areas and more;
- 200+ exhibitors with healthy food sampling & eco-friendly products & services;
- Whole Foods Market Zone, London Drugs Health Zone, and brand new Toyota Canada Outdoor Living Zone, West Coast Kids Healthy Baby Zone, and Green Living Zone;
- Science World fire show and ninja & tumbling demonstrations on stage;
- Vancouver Aquarium AquaVan interactive zone for kids;
- $15,000 Grand Prize Showcase including a 1-year lease on a Toyota Prius c;
- Baby feeding & changing lounge with complimentary diapers, wipes & comfy seating;
- Family Rest Stop courtesy of Love Child Organics and lots of stroller parking;
- First 500 adults through the door receive a gift bag full of healthy product samples;
- First 200 adults through the door receive an adult pass to Science World; and
- Partial proceeds of ticket sales support Canucks Autism Network sports programs.
As an engaged parent of a growing (and increasingly rambunctious) toddler, the Healthy Family Expo is truly impressive in just how much it has to offer. I am so proud to be a blog ambassador for this year’s show.
I’m most excited to see that Springfree Trampoline is a new addition to this year’s Active Kid Zone at the Expo! It’s the smart active living choice that delivers for the whole family and you can test-drive one for yourself at the event on March 26th. And guess what? One lucky family will be taking home a Springfree Trampoline through the Expo’s early bird ticket draw, and another one as part of the Expo’s Grand Prize Showcase (visit the Healthy Family Expo website for terms & conditions for those giveaways). That’s a prize valued at over $3000!
As its name indicates, Springfree trampolines are actually spring-free. You no longer have to worry about your kids getting hurt by hitting the exposed springs or getting their poor little fingers caught. These smart, award-winning trampolines feature a unique system of flexible composite rods that lie beneath the jumping surface (and out of harm’s way). The frame is hidden, the edge is soft, and the FlexiNet enclosure prevents falls.
Adult Expo tickets are $15 each online, cash at the door, or at London Drugs from March 1-26. Kids under 16 get in FREE and ALL ATTRACTIONS are included with admission!
To get involved in the fun:
- Join the Expo 2017 Facebook Event to RSVP to win thousands in prizes at their March 23rd pre-Expo Facebook Party from 8 to 10 pm!
- Buy tickets early to qualify to win a Springfree Trampoline!
- Grab 2-for-1 adult tickets online using limited time promo code BTR241.
Remember to use promo code BTR241 when buying your tickets online!
It’s by far the best deal you’re going to get. This means that a standard family of four — two adults and two kids — can get a whole day of fun, entertainment and free samples for just $15! I know that Addie is looking forward to seeing Daniel Tiger and we’ll be all over those food samples. The Science World fire show sounds exciting too.
And to kick off our pre-Expo celebrations, we’re giving away a $200 Healthy Family Expo 2017 shopping spree that one lucky winner will get to spend on their choice of exhibitors at the event on March 26th! This online giveaway runs from March 6 – 22, 2017, and the winner must be a British Columbia resident aged 19+ able to attend the Healthy Family Expo at the Vancouver Convention Centre between 9 am & 5 pm on March 26 to pick up and use the prize that day.
Enter for your chance to win through Rafflecopter below.
The winner will be announced at the pre-Expo Facebook Party on March 23rd, 2017!