Damien tells me that “Proximidade” means nearness or proximity in Portuguese. Recipients of the award invest in proximity, even if the relationships are only online. These bloggers are said to be “exceedingly charming, blogging friends who aim to find and be friends.” To continue this movement, I’m supposed to include this text in the body of today’s post:
“I am grateful for an opportunity to award this to a few bloggers who are very special people. I include the following bloggers who may have received this award in the past but I’m sure won’t mind receiving it again.”
While there are usually five bloggers featured each week on What’s Up Wednesdays, it seems that the Proximidade Blogger Awards call for eight recipients. These are good people whose blogs I always check before hitting the “Mark All as Read” button in Google Reader.
- Miss604, who had a nice dinner at Araxi Whistler
- Darren Barefoot, who investigates the female music geeks trend
- Chris Bibey, who writes in between administrative tasks
- John Bardinelli, who recently rediscovered the Sega Dreamcast
- Hummingbird604, who teaches us how to give good talks
- Betshopboy, who’s anticipating the 1st Summer Youth Olympic Games
- Ed Lau, who revisits riots in Japan
- Sharon Hurley Hall, who created an e-book in just 20 minutes
I encourage these eight individuals to continue perpetuating the Proximidade Blogger Awards, recommending eight more bloggers to their readers. The blogosphere is one big happy community and it pays to share the love.