Over at BC Place Stadium, yes the place that had a deflated roof, they’re hosting the 2007 Vancouver International Auto Show. This car show has gone through a few different names over the years including the Pacific International Auto Show and the BC International Car and Light Truck Show, but I think the current choice makes the most sense. After all, it falls right in line with the bigger car shows on the circuit, like those in Detroit, New York, and Geneva (though the last of these has a “Motor” show and not an “Auto” show).
My brother, who works at Metro Ford, hooked me up with a couple of free tickets so I took in festivities on Tuesday prior to dining at a Korean supermarket near India Gate Restaurant in downtown Vancouver. Because it is far from being one of the more prominent car shows, there were no new unveilings (to my knowledge) under the dome at BC Place, but there was still plenty to see. Here are a few articles I wrote for Mobile Magazine regarding what I saw at the show:
- Volvo C30 With the Deceiving Center Console
- Suzuki SX4 WRC Concept with the Giant Wing
- Funky Speedometer on Mini Cooper S
- Video: Crazy Paintjob on T-Rex Super Trike is Hot!
- Ford Shelby GR-1 Dipped in Chrome
- Chrysler’s Giant Touchscreen Showcases Concept Cars
- Turn Signalling in Style with BMW M Coupe
- Video: Cheesy Chrysler Sales Pitch for Men and Women
The 2007 Vancouver International Auto Show runs until Sunday, April 8th. Regular admission is $12 at the door with entry through Gate A at BC Place Stadium.