It would not be fair to consider total page views in isolation, as posts published earlier in the year would then have an unfair advantage. For much the same reason, I’m also ignoring posts that were published prior to 2015 for today’s list too; the blog post that generated the most views overall was a Grammar 101 entry on the phrase “by the power vested in me.” That was published in 2012.
This list contains the most popular posts on a month-by-month basis, as I figure that would be the fairest way to do this. Somewhat unsurprisingly, an overwhelming majority of the posts on this lists are restaurant reviews.
January to March
- Sushimoto at Holdom Skytrain Station, Burnaby
- Brunch at Trattoria Italian Kitchen, Kitsilano
- Kamamarui Ramen & Don, Burnaby
April to June
- I’m Michael Kwan and This Is How I Work
- Crave 2015: Sushi UOmo, Burnaby Heights
- Win Tickets to Of Heaven and Earth at Vancouver Art Gallery
July to September
- Kick S Good Restaurant Review (Burnaby)
- Jo Ju Tofu Hot Pot Restaurant, Burnaby
- Hastings Sushi, Burnaby Heights
October to December
- Tasty Pho Restaurant, North Burnaby
- I Helped a Girl at the Playground (and Felt Terrible About It)
- 12 Awesome Gift Ideas for Under $50
It didn’t feel like I ate out nearly as often in 2015 as I had in previous years, but I guess more people were interested in what I did get to eat. I am pleased to see that at least one of my posts on the experience of being a new dad made the cut, as fatherhood has really come to define a very large part of my identity.
Can we expect 2016 to be filled with more food posts too? Or will readers gravitate back to my Grammar 101 posts? Or will it be more about raising a child in today’s society and the challenges of the WAHD life? Whatever it may be, I am very grateful that you are here to share this journey with me and to read these words. I look forward to sharing more stories (and #foodporn) for many years to come.