And perhaps that’s why I was drawn to this post by Amber Strocel yesterday. She decided to summarize so many aspects of her life — her “obsession” with poetry, her quest to become a math teacher, her love of tea — in a numerical fashion. So, I thought I’d take a similar look at my life too, summarizing some of my journey with some numbers of my own.
- Years I’ve been writing on the web: 17
- Years I’ve been a full-time professional writer: 10
- Books I’ve authored (not including ghostwriting): 2
- Cars I’ve owned: 3
- Beyond the Rhetoric blog posts I’ve written: 2,930
- Number of Pomodoros I’ve tracked this month: 95
- Types of ways to make coffee in my house right now: 5
- Number of coffees consumed yesterday: 2
- Times I’ve attended CES in Las Vegas: 8
- Times I’ve attended Computex Taipei: 4
- Days since becoming a dad: 192
- Sakura photos posted to Instagram this spring: 3
- Food pictures posted to Instagram this month: 10
- Number of smartphones on my desk right now: 5
- Total Words with Friends games completed: 1,140
- Unique words played in WWF: 5,820
- Diapers changed: Lost count.
Looking at your own life, are there any numbers in particular that stick out for you? Perhaps you’re counting down the days toward a special event or you’re counting up the dollars you’re saving for a big purchase?