The typical web surfer has a notoriously short attention span, so it’s not at all surprising that the “regular” readers of Beyond the Rhetoric at the beginning of 2008 are a little different than the people who are still reading my blog today. In this way, if you happened to join the BTR community at some time during the last year, you may have missed out on some of the content that was posted before your first visit. Even if you’ve been subscribed this whole time (thanks for the loyalty!), you may have skipped a post or two, because they didn’t seem to tickle your fancy at the time.
Whatever the case, you may be interested to hear what everyone else was reading on Beyond the Rhetoric in 2008. After all, you are what you read and I certainly appreciate that you choose to read my random musings, whether they be about improving your grammar or getting free birthday food. I like to keep things pretty eclectic around these parts.
So, what was everyone reading? According to Google Analytics, the ten most read blog posts from 2008 are:
- 7 Handy Google Search Tips and Tricks
- Dine Out Vancouver 2008: List of Restaurants
- Richmond Night Market 2008
- 10 Things I Hate About Vancouver
- Local Tourist – Summer Night Market
- Video: Top 10 Best SNES Games Ever
- Real Dot Com Moguls Eat From a Toilet
- Contest: Who Wants a Free Video Game?
- Freelancing: Why It’s Easier Blogging For Others
- Rock Band 2 is Better Than Guitar Hero World Tour
As you may suspect, the data is a little skewed because it is based on total pageviews over the course of the 2008 calendar year. In this way, posts from the first part of the year have the added advantage of simply existing for a longer period of time. I am glad to see at least one post from later in the year (the one about Rock Band) make the cut, if only by a hair.
Once again, thank you for your continued support and here’s a healthy and happy 2009! Cheers!