Trying to keep up with all the free agent signings in the NHL can be a little challenging, but luckily TSN.ca has this tracker set up that provides real-time information in reverse chronological order. If only they had an RSS feed to go with it.
Here are a few highlights that caught my eye:
– The Calgary Flames signed forward Owen Nolan to a one-year deal contract.
– The Anaheim Ducks have signed forward Todd Bertuzzi to a two-year, $8-million contract.
– The Montreal Canadiens have signed forward Bryan Smolinski to a one-year, $2-million contract.
– The Nashville Predators have signed forward Radek Bonk and defenceman Greg de Vries to two-year contracts.
– The Montreal Canadiens signed defenceman Roman Hamrlik to a four-year contract worth $22 million. (THAT’S SO EXPENSIVE)
– The Washington Capitals signed centre Michael Nylander to a four-year contract worth $19.5 million.
– The St. Louis Blues sign winger Paul Kariya to a three-year, $18 million contract. (HOW MUCH?!?)
– The Colorado Avalanche have signed winger Ryan Smyth to a five-year deal worth $31.25 million.
– The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed G Dany Sabourin to a two-year deal worth $1.025 million.
– The New York Rangers have signed forward Chris Drury to a five-year deal worth $35.25 million.
– The New York Rangers have signed forward Scott Gomez to a seven-year deal worth $51.5 million. (WOW)
– The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed winger Jason Blake to a five-year deal worth $20 million. (Nice deal)
– Defenceman Brian Rafalski agrees to a five year, $30 million contract with the Detroit Red Wings.
– Daniel Briere has signed with the Philadelphia Flyers for eight years and $52 million. The deal includes a no movement clause. (HUGE)
– Anaheim signs defenceman Mathieu Schneider to a two-year deal paying him $5.5 million and $5.75 million. .