Mortal Kombat Armageddon: Character selection screenJuly 31st, 2006 by Michael Kwan
Mortal Kombat Armageddon is meant to draw to a close this chapter of the Mortal Kombat story, wrapping up all the loose ends brought on my all past incarnations of the popular (and bloody) fighting game. In this way, all of the characters you know and love are back, from classic Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Kano to newer characters like Bo’ Rai Cho, Li Mei, and Mavado.
Second perhaps only to the legendary Street Fighter series, Mortal Kombat is probably one of the most popular video game series out there when it comes to the standard one-on-one beat ‘em up. Sure, you have your Tekken, Soul Calibur, and King of Fighters, but who can resist the appeal of “Get Over Here” Scorpion and “You Are Next” Shao Khan.
Doing a quick count on the selection screen below (courtesy of Kotaku.com), you’ll find no fewer than 64
kharacters fighters kombatants from which to select. Sixty-four. Wow, just wow….
I’m just upset that this will not be available for my beloved Nintendo GameCube.
Look for Mortal Kombat Armageddon to hit the Microsoft Xbox (not 360) and Sony PlayStation 2 (not PS3) this October.
According to Wikipedia, the characters above are:
* 1st row: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Rain, Ermac, Chameleon, Noob Saibot, Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor.
* 2nd row: Stryker, Kabal, Dairou, Jarek, Darrius, Reiko, Fujin, Bo Rai Cho, Mavado, Hotaru.
* 3rd row: Nightwolf, Mokap, Johnny Cage, Kano, Jax, Kai, Kenshi, Shujinko, Hsu Hao, Kobra.
* 4th row: KaK Red (Kreated), Daegon (Locked), Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Shinnok, Raiden, Taven (Locked), KaK Blue (Kreated).
* 5th row: Sonya, Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Ashrah, Li Mei.
* 6th row: Tanya, Frost, Sindel, Nitara, Kira, Sareena.
* 7th row: Sheeva, Baraka, Motaro, Havik, Drahmin, Moloch.
* 8th row: Meat (Locked), Shao Kahn, Goro, Kintaro, Onaga, Blaze (Locked).
Filed under Video Games.